Talento Nuevo! Sara y "Más Canciones en Español!"


I was very excited when I received Sara's music CD, "Más canciones en español." My excitement took on a life of its own when I listened to her songs. What a sweet and lovely voice! It's very nice to discover a new artist with a young voice and music that promote a fun learning environment while also teaching culture. Every day I realize there is so much talent out there :) 

Many of the songs on Sara's CD are traditional and bring alive diverse Mexican rhythms. Even better, this music CD is suitable for children who are just learning Spanish as a second language and children who are growing up in a bilingual environment. What a great teaching tool to have in Spanish class or at home!

One of my favorite songs is "El Dragón" which is very short and provides a lot of repetition that makes it easy to teach. Another one that is a fave - not only in my casa, but also in my classes - is "Los Pollitos." Sara did a very nice job making this song  enjoyable, inspiring children ask for it in every Spanish class.

I can't forget to mention that my heart jumped for joy when I heard her version of one of the most beautiful traditional Andean songs in existence, "Carnavalito Humauaqueño." This song is a "must have." As with many of her songs, this one promotes culture and is perfect to support a unit about the Andes region. Plus, it will really get your students jumping!

This music CD is a treasure. I highly recommend it to parents and educators who are in search of beautiful songs that teach and promote cultural understanding. I am sure you will love it as much as my students and I do!

To learn more about Sara and her music, "like" her Facebook page, and visit her website and online store.

Have fun teaching and learning!
Carolina






Labels: ,