Exit Tickets in Spanish Class {Teaching Strategies}

The "Exit Ticket" is a technique used by many teachers in different subjects. It's usually utilized at the end of the class before the students leave your classroom. It is used as a way to check for understanding, to clarify concepts in preparation for the following class, or as a way to assess students. Students may respond to questions about the class, list what they remember, ask the teacher questions, and so on.

I have used this technique in my classes, but have usually just done it orally. I typically line up my students and ask simple questions related to the topic we've focused on in class. For example, I might show a flash card and ask a student to name the picture on the card or ask a question about it. The only way a student may leave the classroom is by responding to my question. Taking it a step further beyond oral delivery, using the "Exit Ticket" on a paper allows students to practice their writing skills and can in some cases be a faster and more efficient way to end the activity.


I have included a template of the "Exit Ticket" I plan to use. You can customize according to your needs.

*Tiquete is used in Colombia and other Spanish speaking countries. See RAE for reference. 

Download your free template HERE!

Enjoy,
Carolina




Labels: ,